Too many cookies? Here’s how to do a clean sweep.
- Open Chrome and click on the ‘Three Vertical Dots’ in the top right-hand corner.
- Hover over ‘More tools’, then from the options that appear, click on ‘Clear browsing data’.
- A box will appear where you can choose which type of data you want to delete. Check ‘Cookies and other site data’.
- Click on the ‘Clear data’ button.
- Click on the ‘Three Bars’ in the top right-hand corner.
- Choose ‘Options’, then click on ‘Privacy & Security’ located on the left sidebar.
- Scroll down to the ‘Cookies and Site Data’ section, then click on ‘Clear Data…’ button.
- In the pop-up box, check ‘Cookies and Site Data’, then click the ‘Clear’ button.
- Click on ‘Safari’ from the menu bar at the top.
- Select ‘Preferences’.
- Click on the ‘Privacy’ tab, then click on ‘Manage Website Data…’
- Select ‘Remove All’, then confirm by clicking ‘Remove Now’.
- Click on the ‘Three Dots’ in the top right-hand corner.
- Scroll down and click on ‘Settings’.
- Under ‘Clear browsing data’, click on ‘Choose what to clear’.
- Check ‘Cookies and saved website data’, then click on ‘Clear’.
- Select the ‘Cog’ icon in the top right-hand corner, then choose ‘Internet Options’.
- Under the ‘General’ tab, select ‘Delete’ under ‘Browsing History’.
- Check ‘Cookies and Website Data’, then click ‘Delete’.
Follow these instructions any time you want to get rid of cookies.
Do keep in mind that removing cookies can affect personalized settings and/or login information on websites you frequently visit.